1. Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
In addition DAVO will seek a customer’s prior consent, by e-mail, for any new uses or proposed disclosures of information collected from the customer prior to the change. DAVO will notify customers by e-mail of changes to this policy that will affect information collected from them in the future. In certain circumstances, however, DAVO will not inform and obtain the consent of the customer, such as in connection with an investigation of a breach of an agreement, contravention of laws, an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual is threatened, the collection of a debt or in compliance with the request of a law enforcement agency or a court order.
A customer may withdraw his, her or its consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that, if you do, DAVO may suspend its provision of products to you.
DAVO collects, at the time of your registration and your sign-on to its web site, certain “personal information” (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, e-mail address, home or work address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
3. Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
- to develop and provide our web site and our products for our customers;
- to fulfill your requests for products or information;
- to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products available from DAVO, its affiliates and third parties.
- to bill accounts and maintain payment records;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the DAVO site or any DAVO product or service;
- to protect the services, products or rights of DAVO, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the DAVO site; and
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning the DAVO site and its products.
DAVO also uses personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for its business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes.
4. Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
5. Disclosure, Processing and Retention
DAVO does not sell, rent or disclose your personally identifiable information to anyone else, except:
- access to your information to do that work and improve services they provide;
- as necessary if DAVO has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with DAVO’s rights or property, other users of DAVO web site, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that DAVO or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), DAVO will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove DAVO compliance with any applicable law.
6. Accuracy of Personal Information
7. “Do Not Track” Settings
“Do Not Track” is a preference you can set in your browser to let the sites you visit know that you do not want them collecting your personally identifiable information. DAVO does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track signals. Some web browsers have settings that enable you to request that the DAVO website does not track your movement within the DAVO website. You can turn off tracking features and other security settings in your browser by visiting the following links:
For Internet Explorer visit: http://goo.gl/0taI7I
For Mozilla Firefox visit: http://goo.gl/IKxt9l
For Google Chrome visit: http://goo.gl/NQIkqE
For Safari visit: http://goo.gl/7XCOzL
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Google provides a free add-on to most major browsers that you can install to prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. Visit the following link to download the free Google Opt-out Add-on Tool: http://goo.gl/Ls82zv
8. Security Safeguards
DAVO takes seriously the trust you place in us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, DAVO utilizes reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect and process. HP retains data only as required or permitted by local law and while it has a legitimate business purpose.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
9. Access to Personal Information
DAVO will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you so request by e-mailing to
If DAVO is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer’s personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney–client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting DAVO as described above. DAVO will promptly correct such personal information.
10. Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of the DAVO website at: https://www.davotechnologies.com/terms-of-use/